Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week 2 Learnings

I think one of the things more notable things I gathered from week two came from the discussion board. It seems that my fellow students believe that I will have a hard time selling the idea of one on one mentoring to the teachers on my campus. I agree that there will be reluctanceon their part, but with the backing of the principal, I am going to appeal to our teachers that we have to do something to help these kids. We are on APY Stage 3, level 2. As a school we also have to do something to help ourselves. Besides, as teachers we have a 45 minute block of common planning time that we are not using to meet every day. It is during this time, I will propose teachers go out and seek their mentor students.
As far as the readings and assignments are concerned, I found Part 2 of the assignment tedious but useful. It helped clarify how action research is being defined and used by others around the state and country, and it solidified my desire to focus on students.

No comments:

Post a Comment